Reservation Credits can be used to pay for fares, bags, seats, fees, and taxes. Credits can be redeemed on Spirit.com. At this time, our Spirit App does not support Reservation Credit bookings. Here’s how to redeem your Reservation Credit when booking a new flight with us:
- Before you start your new booking, locate your Reservation Credit number. Your Reservation Credit number is the confirmation code from your canceled trip. It is a 6-digit alphanumeric code. This number is available in your trip cancellation email.
- Visit Spirit.com and proceed to book your trip. When entering your personal information, please be sure all details, such as the spelling of your name, match the original reservation as seen in your trip cancellation email.
- On the Payment Page, select Redeem A Voucher or Credit,
- Enter your 6-digit Confirmation Code in the second box provided under the Payment section and select GO.
- Enter the Amount to Spend for this reservation. You can use the full or partial amount, then select APPLY CREDIT.
- If there is a remaining balance due, please follow the prompts to enter an additional payment.
- After completing your booking, you will receive a new confirmation email with your flight details. If there is a remaining balance on your credit, it can be applied to future travel.
Can’t find your confirmation code? Text us at 48763 or use 855-728-3555 on WhatsApp Reservation Credits can be used for all new bookings on Spirit.com or by calling Spirit Reservations at 855-728-3555. At this time, our Spirit App does not support Reservation Credit bookings. There are currently two types of reservation credits:
- Credits issued from March 2020 to July 27, 2021 – these are redeemable for trips booked by December 31, 2021 on any flight available in the system
- 90-day Reservation Credits – these are valid for trips booked within 90 days of issuance on any flight dates available in the system
All Reservation Credits:
- can be used for multiple bookings until the full value is used
- can be applied toward airfare, bags, seats, taxes, and fees
- can be redeemed by any Guest linked to the original reservation
- can be redeemed via spirit.com or by calling Spirit reservations at 855-728-3555
Reservation Credits have no cash value.
How long is Spirit Airline Credit good for?
Final Thoughts – Unlike other airlines, there are no good alternatives to get around Spirit cancellation fees. They do not offer fully refundable tickets and even purchasing the Flight Flex add-on is only helpful if you need to change your flight, not cancel.
- When there is no way around it,, so consider purchasing your flight with a,
- Be certain to review fare rules closely so that you know what your options are both at the time of booking, and if you end up needing to cancel.
- No matter what ticket you’ve purchased, you have 24 hours to cancel from the time you booked for no charge, provided that the flight departure is more than 7 days away.
Otherwise, the fee is $39 to $79 for cancellations of standard, award, and Flight Flex tickets within 60 days of departure. Afterward, you will receive the remainder of your fare, minus the fee, in the form of a credit for use on a future Spirit flight.
- Yes, all customers will have 24 hours from the time of their original booking to cancel their reservation without being charged a cancellation fee, regardless of fare selected, as long as it was purchased more than 7 days in advance of the flight.
- Spirit flight credits expire just 60 days after the day they were issued.
A waive of fees really will depend on your reason for canceling the flight. If it’s due to an immediate family member’s death or sickness, or military orders, Spirit may waive your cancellation fees, but they will likely ask for proof, as well. If you believe you have a legitimate reason to have your cancellation fees waived then it never hurts to call and ask! Yes, the same-day change fee with Spirit is $99.
Can I get my Spirit Credit refund?
Spirit Airlines Refund Process – The customer can place a request for refund with Spirit Airlines by making use of different options. Online Refund through Spirit Airlines website : The customer can seek a refund upon cancellation through the online mode by visiting Spirit Airlines official website.
- This can be done by clicking on the ‘Submit Ticket’ tab in the Help page.
- The customer is required to fill the necessary information, including the reasons for which the refund is requested.
- After filling the details the customer has to click on the ‘Submit’ button and by doing so a ticket will be raised for the refund process.
The customer can expect to get a response from Spirit Airlines Refunds Department in 24-48 hours. Refund over Phone : If the customer doesn’t get time to visit Spirit Airlines official website for placing an online refund request then the airline offers the option to get refund over phone.
For utilizing this option the customer needs to call Spirit Airlines refund phone number and speak to the airline’s representative requesting for a refund, which will be entertained if you are eligible for the same. Requests for refund can be made over the phone at any time of day or night. Refund via Email : The customer can place a request for refund by sending an email to Spirit Airlines.
The details of cancellation and the reasons for seeking a refund must be provided by the customer in the email sent to the airline. The customer will receive a reply from the airline and the refund will be processed successfully if he/she is eligible for the same.
Can Spirit Credits be transferred?
Views: While transferring points between Free Spirit accounts is not permitted, you can combine your points with family and friends through Points Pooling. Click here to learn more.
Can I use my Spirit Credit for a hotel?
How to redeem spirit airlines voucher for hotel? Whenever your Spirit Airlines flight gets canceled, you get a voucher for your next travel booking. However, you can use this voucher to book hotels too for your stay at various destinations offered by Spirit Airlines.
Can you redeem expired flight credit?
Expiration and validity –
- eVouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of issue, and we won’t reissue them past the expiration date.
- We’re not responsible for honoring invalid or expired eVouchers.
- We won’t accept an eVoucher with an invalid number or if we are unable to locate it within the American Airlines systems.
Do I lose my money if I cancel a flight Spirit?
Plans change – we understand – and that’s why we offer several options on how to change or cancel a reservation, quickly and easily. Changes or cancellations made 60 days or more before your trip are free. Guests can make changes to their reservation by:
visiting My Trips, entering their name and confirmation number, then proceeding with the steps to change or cancel a flight clicking here to chat with us texting us at 48763 or using 855-728-3555 on WhatsApp direct messaging us on social media giving us a call at 855-728-3555 speaking to a Guest Service Agent at their local airport
Changes can be made up to an hour before scheduled departure. Here are the current change and cancellation charges:
|Days from Departure||Fee Amount|
|0-6 days from departure||$99|
|7-59 days from departure||$49|
|60+ days from departure||Free|
Change and cancellation charges are applied per Guest. If a Guest cancels a reservation within 24 hours or less from booking, for a flight that is seven or more days away, they are eligible for a full refund in the original form of payment. Guests who are not entitled to a refund will receive a Reservation Credit for the remaining balance of the original purchase after change, cancel, and / or other non-refundable service charges are deducted.
- Airfare and government tax and fee differences may apply when making itinerary changes to a reservation.
- Change and cancellation charges do not apply to bookings made prior to April 5, 2021.
- Please click here for information on how to use a reservation credit to book future travel with us.
- We’re committed to providing Safe Travels and peace of mind to our Guests.
Visit our COVID-19 Information Center for the latest travel updates.
Does Spirit give credit for missed flights?
What Happens When You Miss Connecting Flight on Spirit Airlines? – Spirit Airlines aims to make sure you don’t miss a connecting flight because the airline is committed to making it up to you. However, they will not compensate you for missing your connection, even if they could rebook you on another flight.
If you are more than one hour late, you can still try calling the airline and letting them know you are running late.If your connection is cancelled, the airline will reimburse you if it is possible. Otherwise, you can try to book another flight on the same day.
Will Spirit give you a refund if they cancel your flight?
Yes, absolutely. If Spirit Airlines cancelled your booked flight without a good reason, your refund claim should be valid. Find our how much you’re entitled to in Spirit Airlines delay compensation with our free calculator.
Can I use my Spirit credit for car rental?
You can only redeem Spirit Airlines credit card miles for airplane tickets.
Can you use your Spirit credit card anywhere?
The Spirit Airlines Credit Card is a MasterCard and most merchants accept MasterCard, so yes, you can use it pretty much anywhere.
Can you upgrade seats with Spirit credit?
Views: No, you are not able to upgrade using Free Spirit points; however, Big Front Seats are available for purchase on our website, based on availability.
Can you cancel a non refundable flight with credit?
What’s the difference between refundable and nonrefundable fares? – Depending on airline policy, most fares marked as fully refundable can be canceled before the scheduled flight time for the full value of the ticket. Your method of payment will be credited by the airline at no cost to you.
- Some refundable tickets require the purchaser to pay an airline service fee in order to process the refund, so you won’t end up getting reimbursed for the full cost of the ticket.
- Nonrefundable fares, on the other hand, cannot be returned for a full refund.
- Some nonrefundable fares can be canceled or changed for a partial refund in the form of an airline flight voucher, but rarely can you receive cash or credit card reimbursement for a canceled nonrefundable fare.
However, even if a flight voucher is offered, airlines generally hit passengers with hefty change fees or other processing charges if they wish to cancel or change a nonrefundable ticket.
Can I sell my airline credit?
Types of tickets – Both SpareFare and TransferTravel allow you to sell airline tickets, hotel reservations and complete vacation packages (if you’ve booked both hotel and airline reservations through a travel agent). You can also sell travel vouchers, which are the credits issued by airlines if you’ve ever been bumped from a flight (even if the airline isn’t one that allows name changes on tickets).
Can I donate my airline credit?
Miles4Migrants – Founded in 2016, Miles4Migrants is a nonprofit that accepts donations of frequent flyer miles and uses them to book airfare for migrants with financial hardships. From refugees to asylum-seekers, Miles4Migrants has helped over 30,00 people using over 370 million points and miles. You can donate from a range of airline loyalty programs and credit card rewards, including:
Air Canada Aeroplan, Air France-KLM Flying Blue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, American Airlines AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, United Airlines MileagePlus, Amtrak Guest Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One miles, Chase Ultimate Rewards,
To donate, you will need to pledge a minimum of 1,000 to 47,500 points or miles, depending on the program. Once you submit a pledge, the flight booking team at Miles4Migrants will match the miles donated to an individual in need. Keep in mind that the matching process can take weeks. Miles4Migrants will update you with the recipient’s photo and story of how your contribution has helped them. Sign up for our daily newsletter Besides frequent flyer miles, you can also donate travel vouchers and cash. Miles4Migrants currently accepts most vouchers from Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest, JetBlue, Allegiant Air and others. Additionally, cash donations also help to cover any award taxes, fees and surcharges.
What happens if a voucher expires?
What happens when a gift voucher expires. Gift voucher’s are treated as a Liability until they are redeemed. When a gift voucher expires, then that liability is no longer owed to the customer and that value will need to be treated as Revenue instead.
Can you use flight credit multiple times?
Redeeming electronic travel certificates – United now lists travel credits on the « My account » page, which you can access right here when logged into your MileagePlus account. Unfortunately, the airline’s website only seems to track a portion of a customer’s available ETCs — I keep mine organized in a spreadsheet, and I recommend you do the same. Screenshot courtesy of united.com ETCs can be redeemed for travel operated by partners, as long as at least one segment in the itinerary is operated by United and United Express. If you’ve selected an eligible flight, you’ll see an option to redeem your ETCs on the payments page.
Certificates can be used to cover the cost of seat assignments when selected during the purchase process, too, which adds another layer of usefulness. Related: Here’s what to do if you need to cancel your trip ETCs can be used multiple times — if the flight costs less than the value of the certificate, the balance will remain on your account.
If you’re purchasing a higher-cost flight, you can combine ETCs with a credit card payment to cover the difference. Screenshot courtesy of united.com After you successfully enter an ETC, including the year issued, 10-digit PIN code and the recipient’s last name, you’ll see the amount deducted from your flight total. Screenshot courtesy of united.com United recently added the ability to combine up to 10 ETCs on the airline’s website. Alternatively, you can call the reservations line at (800) 864-8331 to have your certificates combined over the phone. Just note that when combining certificates over the phone, the expiration date may be updated to 24 months from the date the oldest ETC was issued, not 24 months from the date your ETCs are combined, so that’s something to keep in mind.
Does Spirit extend reservation credit?
Spirit cancellation policy – (Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy) Whether you’re trying to cancel a Spirit Airlines flight or change it, the policies are the same. Spirit Airlines has a sliding scale of fees based on how many days before departure you cancel or change your flight:
|Days before departure||Fee|
|2 days or less||$99.|
Related: I canceled my first-class ticket home for a Spirit Airlines flight with $3 Wi-Fi — and loved it It’s worth noting that you may be inadvertently charged other fees when you cancel a Spirit Airlines flight. I was charged $22.99 in « non-refundable carrier fees » when I canceled a recent flight on Spirit: (Screenshot from spirit.com) I reached out to Spirit’s media relations team to ask about the non-refundable carrier fees. A spokesperson responded, noting « the $22.99 was the Passenger Usage Charge from your reservation. This is not typically deducted in addition to the cancellation charge, so it may have been a bug. » So, look carefully when canceling a Spirit Airlines flight to ensure you’re only being charged the cancellation fees. You’ll get the remaining balance as a reservation credit valid for trips booked within 90 days of issuance. You can use reservation credits to pay for fares, bags, seats, fees and taxes.